Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Whirlwind

This weekend has been quite, um...quite "stretching" for our family. I never thought I would say this, but if we don't follow closely to our normal routine, we really start to struggle. I NEVER thought I would be a routine follower, and I used to just fly by the seat of my pants and I liked it that way, but I guess kids will change that-and I'm raising some little creatures of comfort.

The chaos started on Thursday when my husband had to work late, then Friday when he had to go in early and work really late, it just compounded. Then Saturday morning he had to go in again, which doesn't happen often thank goodness, but this weekend it did. Bedtime schedules were thrown off because it is our rule that daddy tucks the kids in and that if at all possible we wait for him so that we can all eat dinner together. The lack of amount of "daddy time" was starting to lead to some acting out for attention and all together we were just thrown out of whack. On top of all that, add on an hour time change for daylight savings and we were all just about wiped out.

I'm still reeling from it all and wondering where exactly the weekend went, but luckily I did snap a few pictures, so I know for sure that whirlwind or not, one DID in fact exist.

Have you been to Carl's Jr. lately? Well, I haven't. But as we were trying to hurry running our errands and buying groceries for the week, we were running into dinner time and out of cooking time so we went there. Not really my first choice, but it was right next to the grocery store and like I said, time crunch...Anyways...

THIS is the new way to order.
I'm not even kidding. There is no person to take your order---these have been placed in front of the registers where you would normally stand to talk to a , umm what's it called...human being. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but is that too much to ask for? My husband thought it was pretty cool, but I can see how the novelty could wear off pretty darn fast.

Luckily they still have a playground, so Ezra got to enjoy that after he finished his dinner.
 Here he is waiting excitedly.

Usually he is too small to do all of the things by himself, but this one was pretty large so Caleb got in and helped. (Other dads were doing it too, while the wives sat and watched.) It was pretty funny to see my son and husband waving and saying "Hi Mommy!" from the tube above. LOL

So what do you do when there's no time for a "real" date? We were pretty tired, but hadn't really seen each other much for the last several days, so we decided to grab some snacks and have an impromptu date night at home after the kids went to bed. Caleb ran to the store and we watched an Andy Griffith marathon and snacked on chips and spinach artichoke dip. YUM!
 (Ignore that CRAZY wallpaper-we are in the middle of a kitchen renovation and that wallpaper's days are getting very limited)

I'm already ready for next weekend when we can actually relax! Luckily we don't have much planned for this week and I'm hoping we can just take it easy and catch up. Plus I should be receiving my second order of cloth diapers really soon and I'm hoping that will help. I don't have anywhere near enough and I have been having to wash and dry the six I have over and over on a continued rotation. This time I'm trying prefolds with a Snappi. I'd like to have a bit of a varied stash and I'm still trying to find out what I like and don't like. I'm only ordering in pieces at a time so that I can keep trying different things and don't spend a fortune on something I decide I hate. If you've got any favorite combos or products to recommend- please send suggestions my way! THANKS! :)

1 comment:

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

How is cloth diaping going? And what about incorporating your new "routine"? I've been thinking about you :)