Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ch Ch Changes...

Oh what a last few days it has been. I feel like my "babies" grew up an entire year overnight. Last week when I went to get Ezra from his nap, I opened the door to find him half way over the side of his crib trying to break out on his own. Then a few days later during his nap time, he starting screaming and crying. I ran to his room and he was laying in bed holding his leg. He told me that it hurt, but I couldn't get him to tell me what had happened.He actually laid on the couch with his foot propped up for about thirty minutes, which is unheard of for him, so I knew it really did. It wasn't until later that we found out what happened when he told Caleb he was trying to scale over his bed and caught his leg between the rails. So Saturday we made the conversion from crib to toddler bed. This week has been a struggle to train him that he can not get out of bed anytime he feels like he doesn't want to go to sleep!

Now for Poppy-she has become mobile-VERY mobile!!! She doesn't want to sit in her Bumbo or her Boppy chair-she wants to be on the move! I used to lay her out on a blanket with several toys and this would entertain her for a while, but NOW she will be 10 feet away in the blink of any eye! SO today we broke out the 'ole play pen. I assumed she would hate it like Ezra did, but I guess now with him running around there is enough commotion to keep her entertained. She thinks it's okay. However now that Ezra doesn't have to be in it, he has found a new liking for it. See below.



We are making adjustments as necessary :) Hey, whatever works.
I also cleared out their closets and have tubs of "baby clothes" that we are packing up to store. There is not one item in Poppy's closet that is for under 9 months :( WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!!! She was just born!
Well anyways, I think I'll go grab a tissue now and sulk until nap time is over-or until I hear Ezra sneaking around his room ;)

Oh ya and ...

just because I think it's cute and deserves to be posted... :)

1 comment:

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

Hi Rachel! I saw your post over at Amy's and wanted to e-mail you, but settled for a post on your blog...so sorry if this is random :)

I have 4 little ones all 5 and under, so it wasn't long ago I had 2 littles and I was struggling to find structure for our days. I know that even know you don't "need" a routine, it's nice to have some consistency and I think it's good for the little ones too!

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that the best thing I did when I was establishing a routine was add one "routine" item a week. It was too much (even for me with 2 littles) to ever jump into a full blown routine, so instead I just eased us into it.

Week 1 I added dusting a different room everyday. My oldest would help with a sock on his hand and "dusting" with it was fun for him.

Week 2 keep up the dusting and add a daily pick up time when he helps you put toys where they go (like before daddy comes home)

and etc.

This is getting long so I'll stop here! I really hope this helps you!

PS Just wanted you to know we have a few things in common-your little guy looks just like my 3yo, Brahm! and I graduated with a degree in PR too! WooHoo for Communication majors :)