Saturday, October 10, 2009

Iced Pumpkin Saturdays

Saturdays are great, but Saturdays in October are the BEST! I LOVE FALL! I got  so much done today, and I never even left the house. Ezra and Poppy are starting to entertain each other for short periods of time-for which I am VERY thankful!!! They laid in Ezra's bed while I worked on switching out his summer clothes for fall clothes. I heard Ezra telling her "God is great, God is good...,"the little prayer he says at dinner.They looked so sweet so I took some pictures.
 


Poppy's hair is CRAZY because she had just got out of the bath. While it dries it is always out of control! (Even more than usual:)

Every year around this time, all the little bakeries and coffee shops start bringing out pumpkin EVERYTHING, and I LOVE pumpkin!!! But who wants to pay 3 bucks for a muffin??? No thanks! So I am always in search of yummy pumpkin goodies to makes at home and today I found a new one that is a keeper for sure! Here is the recipe for...

Iced Pumpkin Cookies:
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Icing
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
  4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
(Copied from allrecipes.com)

And THIS is what they look like! YUM YUM!




They are so good and really easy to make! Oh, what's that you ask? Why Yes, that IS my new countertop in the background! Thank you for noticing-Haha! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

P.S. I have no idea why the fonts are different but I give up trying to fix it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your iced pumpkin cookies picture looks like a magazine! AND they are definitely TWO THUMBS UP! They were so delicious we gobbled them up. Mmmm..Mmmm! Also, I love the pictures of the little buggars. I think I THEY may be even more gobblicious than the cookies!

Love you, Sips