Friday, October 16, 2009

Fun day with the pumpkins!!!

This week we took a trip to the pumpkin patch to have some fun and pick out our pumpkins for Halloween! Last time we went, Ezra was only two months old, so this time was so much fun!!! He loved it and I was so excited to get to see him experience everything for the first time that he remembers. Poppy is close to the same age he was when we brought him the first time, so I am looking forward to bringing her back in a year or two and watching them play. Ezra got to ride a horse and we also bought some pumpkin pie fudge and it was sooo DELICIOUS!!! Here are some pictures of our day...


Caleb getting Poppy bundled up...it was cold! He wasn't thrilled with my "candid" photos! Ha!



Ezra loved getting to see and pet the animals! There were goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, horses and even a camel! He thought it was great fun and we thought it was fun watching him interacting with them!






Poppy and I enjoyed snuggling while the boys played with the goats.



There were SO many pumpkins! This is just one mound of about twenty giant stacks!



Poppy's first pumpkin patch picture. These are the same overalls Ezra wore in his first pumpkin patch pictures.



Ezra chose his pumpkin first thing, and we hauled him and it in the wagon for the rest of the day.



This is cowboy (the horse). We thought Ezra might be scared or want us to hold onto him, but he just hopped right up there and hung on like a pro. He was so funny riding up there like it was no big deal, just something he does everyday...



This pig didn't know it yet, but about two seconds later that finger went right up his snout.



I didn't know Ez was willing to kiss a goat, but he did and we got the pic to prove it!



We called these the Bob Marley sheep. They had some pretty impressive dreads that would even make the Whole Foods people envious.



Poppy is so good she could pick out her pumpkin with her eyes closed...and she did!




The final selections...4 pumpkins, a big daddy pumpkin, a medium mommy pumpkin, a small toddler pumpkin, and a tiny baby pumpkin :)




See ya later! Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Sheila Horn said...

I think this is the best update ever! I love the pictures. They are absolutely priceless. I love the song too, but the curious thing is...every time I hear it, I cry. I think of you when you were little and it makes me a little sad. But, what a great song to bring out those wonderful memories. Who knew I was a Taylor Swift fan?