Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend fun in Texas

We spent this past weekend in Texas celebrating the end of summer with a little back to school shopping- none of us are in school technically, but let's get over the details people. :) Actually my brother went with us, and he IS in school so anyways... We had a great time hitting the outlet mall for TWO days! Many pictures coming up...
This is actually on Friday. While I was packing up a few things, Ezra and Poppy played with their horse, "Regatto." Ezra asked me if he could have some carrots to feed him, and being the smart mommy I am (Insert Laugh Here) I told him YES! But you have to eat what he doesn't finish! Oh I am SO smart! (Sometimes I get a few good ones in) So here he is feeding him carrots. And then Ezra ate them after they were done playing. ;) Score!
We left early Saturday morning and headed towards Dallas. We got there around 12:00 and it was HOT! There were a ton of little rides around so we told Ezra that he could earn quarters by being a good boy and then he could spend them riding the rides. It worked pretty good, so here is is enjoying the fruits of his labor after the first day of shopping.
We headed to our hotel late that afternoon and relaxed a little while. Here is Poppy pestering Zach while he was on the computer.
Later we went to Spring Creek BBQ. It was pretty good, but I'm not used to getting bone in meat, so after we were done I said it looked like we were dirty beasts because our plates looked like we had ravaged our food.
Poppy reallly enjoyed her BBQ chicken and I could not seem to feed her fast enough!
The next morning we had brunch at Cyclone Anaya's. It was YUMMY! ( I must note that they have the PRETTIEST salsa I have EVER seen!)
Little pretty enjoyed her pancakes and fruit. We have yet to find a food that she does NOT enjoy!
Zach and I. If we look tired, it's because we are. The littles didn't sleep too well the night before, HOWEVER...our hotel beds were the sleep number beds and they were delightful! I really wished I could have taken full advantage of them!
We spent Sunday shopping as well and then headed home. Here are Ezra and Poppy right before we left using their earnings.
We had such a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

Looks like an awesome weekend!!! SO glad to see a post from you :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Grace: Too many moons between postings! However, I realize you might be a little busy. :) Now I am starving for BBQ, bones or not! AND I am catching the shopping bug from your great buys! Good thing Christmas is coming!