Monday, August 30, 2010

Run Fun

The weather has been so much better lately and we have been wanting to be outside, so we started running a little recently. I ran track in high school for two years, but I am not a natural runner by any means. Mostly I hate it. However I have found myself looking forward to it lately. I was a little sore when we first started, but it was a good sore, the kind that you secretly like because you know you got a good workout but you're not doubled over in bed chugging aspirin- kind of sore.

Caleb has wanted to do the 5k in the Tulsa Run for the past couple of years, so he found a program online where we can start now and be ready by the end of October for the race. It was pretty hard for me the first day being that I haven't run since I was pregnant the first time, so let's just say a few things had changed.

We put the kids in the double stroller and so far they really like it. Plus I got a pair of new running shoes out of the deal...oh the things I will do for shoes! Ha ha! But seriously, they are pretty cute, don't ya think?
We only have to go three times a week and we are on phase 2 right now which is pretty much killing me, but I have done it so far! Poor Caleb has to slow down so he doesn't leave me in the dust!!! I really hope that I can make it...Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! I like the picture of shoes, BUT I find your posts MUCH more stimulating if a couple of pictures of Trouble with a capital T and his sidekick, Roony B, find their way into the mix. I'm just saying..... :) LOVE YOU!