Thursday, January 21, 2010

What we've been up to...


Let me just start by saying...we don't get out much. I mean really- we don't. Partly because it is a crazy charade every time we pack up and walk out the front door, but mostly because that's how I like it. As John Mayer says, "I was born a house cat by the slight of my mother's hand." Thanks mom. Being at home is just better than being anywhere else...and that statement triples in meaning when you have two, two and under :) So for your enjoyment today I am emptying out pictures from my camera and camera phone. This may or may not even be interesting to grandparents, but for those of you who don't know us...I am amazed when I see hundreds of hits on here a week because I can't imagine what on earth could possibly interest you. However...here we go!


Snuggle time on mommy and daddy's bed. I have been clearing out and organizing this week, so that means Poppy and Ezra have spent their days playing in rooms that they usually don't spend too much time in. They don't seem to mind and I think they are kind of enjoying the change of scenery. We piled some toys up on top of our bed and they played and snuggled for quite some time while I cleaned. I'm so glad that they like being together so much!

These pictures just crack me up! Poppy is already starting to pester her BIG brother! He was trying to watch TV and she just kept grabbing his hair and poking at his head. They are so funny!





She's starting to think she is pretty funny!



Ezra has really been enjoying cooking up all sorts of things in his kitchen and he likes to have Poppy help.



She likes to help me too! This sweet little face makes doing the dishes a lot more FUN!


And last but not least...
 Have you ever seen those TV shows where they redo a room with cool "junk" they find around the house...Like they will do an entire designer room makeover using 4 wooden nickels and an old boot they found in the attic, (okay that may be a little exaggeration) but I'm always thinking...Who has stuff like that lying around??? Not me.
Well these are my new curtains I got just for the price of cleaning out Poppys' closet! They aren't REALLY new, but I found them from the old house and decided to hang them up in our room since it goes with our color scheme. I still have to paint the walls and get the wrinkles out, but I am pretty happy with the way they look. I even used holes that were already existing and they were the perfect height to make the pooling just right at the bottom! I can't even do it that good when I try!

Not as good as the boot makeover, but I think that's as good as it's gonna get around this house!
Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Sipsy said...

OMG! I cracked my head off when I saw Poppy pestering Bubsy and laughing! What a role reversal. And that pic of her by the sink...why have I not seen that adorable photo? Makes me wonder what else I'm missing! :) PS. I love those luxurious curtains. Great in a master bedroom! Sipsy definitely has gotten satisfaction! Love you!