Sunday, December 6, 2009

I heart the Ozarks

We had a WONDERFUL weekend! Friday night started with a birthday party for my Grandma. Saturday I got to sleep in -THAT'S HUGE!- and then Caleb decided we should go visit our favorite place...ARKANSAS! He has been working every weekend lately and we had been wanting to go, so we took advantage of this time off and headed out for a day trip! I didn't really think to bring my camera, and there wouldn't have even been these pictures if he hadn't taken them with his phone. He told me I needed them for my blog! Ha ha! So here we are at THE BEST restaurant EVER!  AH, AQ Chicken...why must you be two hours away?



Is it any coincidence that we just happen to come on the all you can eat night??? I think not. (That's every Saturday night in case you were wondering...and yes I do know their specials for every night even though they are located 4 counties away) We got the usual "chicken over the coals" and it was as good as ever. They bring you all you can eat of chicken AND sides...how YUMMY!!! So here is Caleb enjoying maybe his second plate and Poppy REALLLLY wishing she had teeth!



Ezra likes AQ too! He recommends the cinnamon apples and sweet potato casserole...a good southern boy in the making!



They were playing some really good music and Pops just couldn't help herself- she was just a dancing machine!



AQ Chicken = A Happy Family!


Bye Bye AQ!!! We will miss you! If you stop by soon look for Ezra's signature in the book! And don't worry, we brought plenty leftovers back home to enjoy today at lunch :)

1 comment:

Sipsy Horn said...

Ummm.... I love AQ Chicken too, but haven't seen any leftovers at MY house. Next time I'm sending an order with you! My fried chicken fix had to be satisfied with Albertson's chicken this weekend, which was pretty good, but it was NOT AQ! I love this blog! OMG! I just used the word blog in a sentence that actually made sense! It used to seem like such a silly word but now it has meaning....who knew? :)